Little Miss Traveller from the Love Travelling blog recently took a Drifters press trip on the Kennet & Avon Canal, setting off from our Devizes canal boat hire base.
She travelled to Georgian Bath and back with her husband and son on a four night break.
Marion reviews the boat, the handover process (where someone from the boat yard explains how to drive and look after the boat) and the route.
They stopped off at many destinations, including:
- The Barge Inn at Seend;
- The historic town of Bradford on Avon;
- Avoncliff Aqueduct;
- The George Inn at Bathampton;
- Bathampton village church;
- Sydney Gardens and Pulteney Bridge in Bath;
- The Holburne Museum in Bath;
- The historic Claverton Pumping Station;
- Dundas Aqueduct;
- Brassknocker Basin and the Somerset Coal Canal;
- The Boat House restaurant at Bradford on Avon Marina; and
- The Caen Hill flight of locks at Devizes.
To read the full review, go to https://lovetravellingblog.com/2023/12/08/narrowboating-along-the-kennet-and-avon-canal/