Narrowboats provide a floating holiday home, so it’s possible to take all sorts of pets on the canals.
And as well as hundreds of dogs every year, here at Drifters we have accommodated many other kinds of pets aboard our canal boats. From rabbits and hamsters to caged birds, goldfish and tortoises.
Here are our top six reasons why canal boat holidays are great for pets:
- The majority of canal boats for hire allow pets on board, so you don’t have to allocate holiday budget to pet care;
- No extra vaccinations or pet passports are needed for pets to cruise the canals;
- Many of our operators allow the first pet to travel free, while others charge a supplement of between £25 and £35;
- Canal boat holidays are especially great for dogs, with plenty of towpath walks, dog-friendly canalside pubs and other dogs to meet along the way;
- Narrowboats with open cruiser-sterns at the back offer extra room ‘on deck’ for pets and the family to enjoy the ever-changing view; and
- Doggy life-jackets are available to buy in advance, with wide belly-straps and easy-to-grab handles for a quick retrieval when dogs accidently go swimming!
To check availability, click here http://www.drifters.co.uk