|Canal boat holidays are great for pets|
Drifters is regularly featured in national and regional publications.
• The Sun, 21 Oct 2018 - Catherine Bennion-Pedley reviews her canal boat holiday on the Stratford Canal from Wootton Wawen for ‘Super Stay Cays’
• The Countryman, 1 Oct 2018 – Mark Whitley reviews his canal boat holiday on the Monmouth & Brecon Canal from Goytre for ‘Beguiled by the Mon & Brec’
• Daily Star, 23 Sep 2018 – Victoria Lissaman includes ‘Float through the Brecon Beacons to Talybont-on-Usk’ in her ‘Eight Awesome Autumn Haunts’ article
• The Sunday People, 23 Sep 2018 – a ‘Bath Barge holiday on the Kennet & Avon Canal in Wiltshire’ is listed as a ‘Golden Wonders’
• Sunday Mirror, 9 Sep 2018 – Nigel Thompson lists ‘Boating in the Midlands’ setting off from our Warwick canal boat hire base as one of ‘11 Top half term hols’
• Daily Telegraph, 8 Sep 2018 – Sarah Baxter lists ‘Cruise the canals like you are in Venice’ setting off from our canal boat hire base at Tardebigge on the Worcester & Birmingham Canal as one of a list of ‘Little trips that promise big thrills’
• The Daily Telegraph online, 5 September 2018 – Sarah Baxter lists ‘Cruise the canals like you are in Venice’ setting off from our canal boat hire base at Tardebigge on the Worcester & Birmingham Canal as one of a list of '30 amazing weekend breaks to extend the British Summer' https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/united-kingdom/articles/trips-on-your-doorstep/
• The Lady Magazine, 31 August 2018 – The Globetrotter listed ‘Self-Drive Canal’ holidays with Drifters as part of its ‘Cruise round-up’
• Woman’s Own, 13 August 2018 – put together a list of ‘The best waterside pubs’ and referenced Drifters for more information
• The Sunday Mirror, 29 July 2018 – lists a holiday on ‘The Grand Union Canal from £1,093’ as part of its ‘Deals of the Week – Staycation’ feature
• The Times, 28 July 2018 – a ‘Canal Trip Through Shakespeare Country’ setting off from our canal boat hire base at Wootton Wawen on the Stratford Canal in Warwickshire is listed as part of a ’30 great British mini-breaks’ feature
• The Times, 30 June 2018 – ‘Canal boats in Wales’ setting off from our canal boat hire base at Chirk on the Llangollen Canal in North Wales is listed in a ’50 best summer holiday bargains’ feature
• Chat - It’s Fate Magazine, 15 July 2018 – Amanda Vlietstra describes her canal boat holiday on the Grand Union Canal, setting off from Drifters canal boat hire base at Gayton in her article ‘Whatever floats your boat’
• The Countryman, 1 April 2018 - Mark Whitley mentions Drifters National Open Day event in his ‘Country Diary’
• Traveller.com.au, 20 February 2018 – Keith Austin described his Drifters canal boat holiday, setting off from our canal boat hire base at Chirk on the Llangollen Canal in North Wales in his feature ‘Canal boat: an alternative way to see England and Wales’ http://www.traveller.com.au/canal-boat-an-alternative-way-to-see-england-and-wales-h0w14u
• The Mail on Sunday, 11 February 2018 – Wendy Gomersall lists ‘Float across a Welsh Wonder’ aboard Drifters canal boat ‘Lily’ in her ‘10 best boat breaks’ feature
• The Spectator, 13 January 2018 – Juliet Rix says ‘Britain’s real-life canals are as mystical and marvellous as Philip Pullman’s books’ in her article which followed a Drifters canal boat holiday from our canal boat hire base on the Grand Union Canal at Stockton https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/01/britains-real-life-canals-are-as-mystical-and-marvellous-as-philip-pullmans-books/
• The Lady Magazine, 5 January 2018 - listed ‘Drifters’ National Open Day’ in its ‘Book Ahead’ section.
• My Weekly, 7 November 2017 - Drifters' winter cruising narrowboat holiday opportunities are mentioned in 'Travel News' Globalmouse Travels, 19 September 2017. A Drifters canal boat holiday from Bath to Bradford on Avon is reviewed on this travel website offering 'the ultimate family friendly guide to travelling with kids'
• The Independent i, 14 October 2017 - ‘Canal Hopping’ was included in list of ‘Best last-minute half-term holidays’, suggesting a potter along the Caldon Canal.
• The Countryman, September 2017 - The Waterways of Middle England, Mark Whitley, editor of Countryman Magazine reviewed his trip around the Stourport Ring, departing from our Stoke Prior base. Mark says the 76-mile Stourport Ring circuit 'visits some of the most beautiful and interesting places in Middle England, via the Worcester and Birmingham Canal, Birmingham Canal Navigation, Dudley and Stourbridge canals, the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal, and a stretch of the River Severn' and he relates stories from the people he meets along the way, including Canal & River Trust volunteer lock keepers on the Tardebigge Flight.
• Chat - It’s Fate Magazine, 1 August 2017 - Chat’s ‘Waterway Graves’ article explored a series of spooky stories associated with the waterways, including Spring Heeled Jack and the ghost of Brindley Bank Aqueduct. The article says that hiring a canal boat to travel along one of Britain’s historic waterways is a holidaymaker’s dream, but at night, the 200-year old canal network’s creepy tunnels, spooky locks and misty towpaths become a whole lot more sinister.
• The Sun, 16 July 2017 - Trisha Harbord’s top ten late deal ideas included a canal boat holiday on the Llangollen Canal in North Wales, gliding across the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct.
• Love Exploring, July 2017 - Listed ‘play pirates on a boating holiday’ as one their 40 best family holiday destinations and suggested taking a canal boat holiday on one of England’s 2,000 miles of waterways.
• Waterways World, June 2017 - In her article ‘An Unforgettable Avon’, Sarah Henshaw reviewed her Drifters narrowboat holiday, departing from our canal boat hire base at Stratford upon Avon aboard the 63ft four-berth ‘Roman Valley’ to explore the Warwickshire Avon. Describing both the journey and the destinations, Sarah visits Stratford upon Avon, Evesham, Pershore and Tewkesbury along the way.
• The Sun’s Fabulous Magazine, 21 May 2017 - Features Director, Claie Wilson took a Drifters’ canal boat holiday and cruised along the Kennet & Avon Canal, with husband James and sons Sam, 10, and Jake, seven, aboard our six berth narrowboat ‘Ross’s Gull’. She described their 16-mile, 20-lock round trip from Drifters’ canal boat hire base at Aldermaston to Newbury and back, as an idyllic 10 hours of countryside cruising and recommended dining at ‘The Rowbarge’ pub at Woolhampton, The Swan at Thatcham and the ‘Tea Shop By The Canal’ at Newbury Marina.