A canal boat holiday on a boat that sleeps 12 people is a great way to bring family or friends together for an adventure afloat.
It’s also cost effective, with 12 berth canal boat hire prices starting at less than £12 per person per night.
Enjoy dinner parties afloat, get-togethers in waterside pubs, taking it in turns to work the locks and steer the boat, plus days and nights out in exciting waterside city centres, including Birmingham, Bath, Chester and Oxford.
The following Drifters’ bases offer 12 berth canal boats for short break narrowboat holidays or weekly hire:
- Aldermaston on the Kennet & Avon Canal in West Berkshire;
- Alvechurch on the Worcester & Birmingham Canal in Worcestershire;
- Anderton on the junction of the Trent & Mersey Canal and River Weaver Navigation in Cheshire;
- Bradford on Avon on the Kennet & Avon Canal in Wiltshire;
- Bunbury on the Shropshire Union Canal in Cheshire;
- Gayton on the Grand Union Canal in Northamptonshire;
- Great Haywood on the Staffs & Worcs Canal in Staffordshire;
- Hilperton on the Kennet & Avon Canal in Wiltshire;
- Oxford on the River Thames in Oxfordshire;
- Tardebigge on the Worcester & Birmingham Canal in Worcestershire;
- Trevor on the Llangollen Canal in Wrexham; and
- Wootton Wawen on the Stratford Canal in Warwickshire.
Configurations vary, but typically the accommodation on board is made up of dinette doubles, single bunks and single cabins. You will also find a kitchen, two showers and two toilets on board, plus storage space for luggage.
So check out our 12 berth boat availability and book your party afloat now!